Saturday, June 12, 2010

Another Saturday Funny...Are you talking to me?

My beautiful perfection of a child is 16 months old; I think he is the smartest most adorable child as does every mother. That being said, I was chatting with another mom who said, "he SHOULD be talking already" WTF?
He knows where his nose is, which book to pick up when I ask for a particular book, what I mean when I say "get your shoes", and whatnot so there is not question of his intelligence but talking...really? Am I naive? I realize every child reaches their milestones when they want to but SHOULD he be talking? He is very vocal, he says mama and dada but that's about it. He points, he gives kisses and all the other "normal" behavior. Maybe he has nothing to say?

However, when he wakes up he sound like a little jewish boy with sounds like coya, hosta, goush  a goya, and does so in a stream of babbling and maybe he is thinking he's saying in a Stewie voice, "come get me you vile woman, I'm up".

Is it criticism?, Am I too sensitive? How do you handle this? Augh...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, sorry I am late to reply to this but I get the same thing with my 14 month old daughter. She says about 3 words and signs a bunch more but all my family members are convinced she should be saying 20+ words and there is something 'wrong' with her.

    That expression of 'wrong' really gets on my nerves...she is a healthy, happy, communicative and SMART girl and I do not need to hear that BS!

    I don't really have any advice for you other than not to worry and most tots don't really start picking up words until 18 months, from what I have read.

    ReplyDelete