Monday, May 10, 2010

Coupons..where do you get them?

I see all these posts on the frugal blogs from couponers who save $20, $30, $40 bucks per week by using coupons at the grocery store and I want to know where everyone get their coupons? We use about $10 bucks worth, maybe $15 on a really good trip and I think we are pretty savvy with about $400 to date, but $50 bucks each week? Seriously, we are on the save.ca websites, smartcanucks.ca getting all of our freebies and we collect lots of coupons in store. We find the occasional one in weekly fliers or mail outs and we've even emailed and called companies for products we love. Any other tips out there for fellow coupon moms and dads?

Are people counting the regular price as well as the discount in the total? I purchased two bottles of dove body wash on sale for $2.99 (reg. $4.99) and had a coupon for $2 when you buy two so I did. So I consider this a $2 saving...not a $6 dollar saving.

We don't have double coupon days at our grocery store or coupons printed on the back of receipts here like many places in the US, I'd love to hear some more tips and tricks.

2 comments:

  1. I always use printable coupons and save lots on my weekly shopping. I saved $1 on Langers juice and VELVEETA Shells & Cheese Cup, Save $1.00 On 1 Axe 12 oz. Hydrating Shower Gel and Get ONE FREE up to $1.30. These coupons are available on clickmycoupon.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I'll check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete